Bitte lest euch das mal durch-Angeblich fast jeder CFS Patient mit Retrovirus infiziert - chlamydiapneumoniae.de

Bitte lest euch das mal durch-Angeblich fast jeder CFS Patient mit Retrovirus infiziert

Startseite Foren Allgemeine Infos über Chlamydia pneumoniae Bitte lest euch das mal durch-Angeblich fast jeder CFS Patient mit Retrovirus infiziert

• Dieses Thema ist leer.
Ansicht von 8 Beiträgen - 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    popo
    Teilnehmer

Hallo zusammen!

Habe heute folgenden Link geschickt bekommen.

Scheint wohl ne große Sache zu sein.

Bitte lest euch das mal durch-Angeblich fast jeder CFS Patient mit Retrovirus infiziert

http://aboutmecfs.org/Rsrch/XMRV.aspx

Game Changer: Retrovirus Found in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) Patients

„Hopefully this will finally make people change their attitudes to this disease.” Dr. Judy Mikovits
    The news had been in the air for the last week; the Whittemore Peterson Institute was going to publish something big – really big – on Friday. As early as Monday discussions on the internet focused on an unusual retrovirus called XMRV (Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus Related Virus) Then early Thursday the news was out – a retrovirus had been found in many if not almost all ME/CFS patients. The WPI choreographed the announcement well; stories shot up on the hundreds of media outlets including Wall Street Journal, NY Times, NPR, Scientific American, Nature, etc. The story quickly became the number one e-mailed story on the New York Times.

It was big news indeed – after two decades chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) was back in the news in a big way. Ironically the last big splash like this in the 1990’s featured a retrovirus in ME/CFS that didn’t pan out and left a young researchers career in tatters. One has the feeling that that is not going to happen this time.in

A Deep Bench – One reason is the extraordinary depth of the research team involved in these findings. It’s not often that the head of the NCI’s AIDS and Viral Cancer Center of Excellence has any reason to utter the words “chronic fatigue syndrome” to the national media. But here was Dr. Stuart Le Grice not only uttering the words but likening this stage of the fight to the early HIV epidemic and its partners pledging the National Cancer Institutes best at unraveling just what is going on.

Besides Dr. Grice (not an author of the study) we had Dr. Ruscetti from the National Cancer Institute and the discoverer of XMRV, Dr. Silverman from the Cleveland Clinic chiming in. Clinic. To top it off the study was published in Science, the most prestigious and oft cited scientific journal in the world – an extraordinary event for the ME/CFS research community.

“These compelling data allow the development of a hypothesis concerning a cause of this complex and misunderstood disease, since retroviruses are a known cause of neurodegenerative diseases and cancer in man,” Francis Ruscetti, Ph.D., Laboratory of Experimental Immunology, NCI.

The Big Picture

ME/CFS patients have never seen anything like this. And in fact it isn’t all about them. Among the stranger findings emanating out of the Whittemore Peterson Institute is the fact that this retrovirus, which had heretofore been associated only with prostate cancer in some neurological diseases was founded on most 4% of the healthy controls blood. This suggests that about 10 million Americans could be carrying a ticking bomb. It also suggests that anyone who’s having a blood transfusion could be at risk. Those two things got enough of the National Cancer Institute’s attention that it quickly convened a workshop in August on how to deal with this problem.

The study released by the Whittemore Peterson Institute found that two thirds of chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) patients were carrying a recently discovered retrovirus called XMRV that is associated with severe cases of prostate cancer. They were lead to this discovery by the fact that both ME/CFS and prostrate cancer patients often have a dysfunction in an important immune enzyme called RNase L. When they looked at the ME/CFS patients they were astonished to find that most of them carried the virus as well.

In fact the prevalence of this virus in ME/CFS may have been understated. In telephone calls Dr. Mikovits reported that the WPI was finding antibodies to the retrovirus in fully 95% of their ME/CFS samples. The fact that the few fibromyalgia patients tested also tested positive for the virus suggests that it may be found in other neuro- immune diseases and the WPI will be testing that possibility.

„I can’t wait to be able to tell my patients. It’s going to knock their socks off” Dr. Judy Mikovits
    The New (Old) AIDS – AIDS and chronic fatigue syndrome were often mentioned together earlier in our diseases history. The infectious onset , the chronic course, the devastating nature of the illness, the inability to identify a pathogen and the fact that HIV had just arrived on the scene as well – all made both lay and professional people think ‘retrovirus’. Twenty five years later the WPI is asserting that, yes, ME/CFS patients are infected with a retrovirus – in fact, one of only three human infectious retroviruses in existence. In some ways it fits very well; all retroviruses disrupt the immune system in such a way as to allow other viruses to flourish. Several studies have, of course, found highly increased rates of opportunistic viral infections in ME/CFS – a common, though more devastating finding in AIDS.

Prevalence – The Science study found that 67% of patients and 4% of the controls from across the country tested positive for XMRV using PCR testing. Who were these patients? They came from areas where there had been outbreaks and all the patients met both the 1994 definition of CFS and the Canadian Consensus definition. They were also quite disabled.

Researchers often ‚gild the lily‘, so to speak, on their first studies by enrolling the sickest patients in order to ensure that they get positive results. The indication that the WPI used very disabled patients suggests that they did this and brings up the question whether the virus will also be found in less ill patients. The fact that the WPI used the Canadian Consensus Definition means that these patients must display postexertional malaise (i.e. they must experience symptom flares after exercise).

Citing unpublished antibody testing Dr. Mikovits suggested XMRV prevalence in the ME/CFS community may in fact be much higher. Antibody testing of 330 patients indicated that fully 95% of patients tested positive for antibodies to the XMRV virus. Antibody’s are factors produced by B-cells in response to an infection. Researchers use antibody’s to chart whether a person has been exposed to a pathogen. Remarkably the the extent of XMRV section in the controls remained constant at 4%. (PCR tests can underestimate the prevalence of infection if the viruses hang out in areas not easily accessed by the peripheral blood – such as the central nervous system. Again we don’t know who these patients were.

Dr. Cheney noted that his office contributed 14 samples including three controls. Since the findings from his office are very similar to the final findings he stated “I am pretty sure her findings will generalize to other CFS cohorts that are well-defined like mine.” Dr. Cheney believes that people who meet criteria for CFS with or without FM or MCS or chronic Lyme will probably test positive. In the New York Times article Dr. Mikovits stated she believed ALL ME/CFS patients will test positve for XMRV.

Dr. Bell is interesting in testing his original cohort of CFS kids if he can find them. From his newsletter – „If any of you reading this became ill in the Lyndonville area around 1985, were 18 or under at the time, and want to be evaluated, please write to me at lynnews@davidsbell.com

XMRV/XAND and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
    Information Center
    The Facts
    Treatment
    Resources
    Discussion Center
    XAND

(X Associated Neuro-Immune Disorder) – Dr. Mikovits statement that the few fibromyalgia patients that had been tested tested positive for the retrovirus suggests that XMRV infection may be a factor in several several poorly understood (and poorly accepted) illnesses. The WPI’s actions to date should lead us to expect that XMRV infection hardly stops at ME/CFS. The name given the disorders caused by XMRV infection – XAND – should lead us to expect that ME/CFS may make up only one subset of this retroviruses victims. Expect the Whittemore Peterson Institute at some point to assess XMRV prevalence and possibly related disorders and other neuro- immune illnesses.

If the XMRV virus is the key to the viral cascade that the Whittemore Peterson Institute has identified in so many of its patients a central question involves how did that did that key get in the door? Viruses don’t just jump up and attack people they need to be transmitted. It’s clear that this virus is not spread through the air which means that in order to get infected with it the virus needs to be transmitted from human to human via the saliva, blood, semen or mother’s milk .

„NCI is responding like it did in the early days of HIV” Stuart Le Grice, head of the Center of Excellence in HIV/AIDS and cancer virology at NCI

The presence of XMRV in the blood potentially puts the blood supply at risk and is no doubt driving a lot of research at the NIH. (Will ME/CFS patients be advised not to give blood? Will they at some point not be allowed to give blood? ) The presence of the virus in saliva, semen and other bodily fluids provides several potential avenues of transmission. Simply the presence of a virus in say, the saliva, does not mean it can be transmitted in the saliva. HIV, for instance, is found in the saliva but it is not transmitted in the saliva.

Dr. Cheney flatly asserted, however, that the virus is transmissible by all bodily fluids and believes this is why it has a higher infectivity rates than the other known human retroviruses. The wording of the WPI’s FAQ’s suggests he may be right. Dr. Coffin, a molecular biologist from Tufts University, on the other hand, notesd that the evidence for sexual transmission is indirect and that conclusions about sexual transmission are ‘premature’.

Testing

Several labs can test for XMRV but there are several good reasons to hold off. According to the New York Times Dr. Mikovits has stated that a new more accurate test should be ready ‚within weeks‘. The WPI may very well do the testing themselves; if so it would be a bonus for them to have all the data under one roof. The money from the testing will, of course, get fed right back into their research efforts. It will be a huge asset for an Institute that has a quarter the budget of the CDC’s CFS program.

Treatment – check out the Treatment page

The Cause?

Nor do they know if it’s the cause of ME/CFS. Dr. Mikovits is clearly leaning towards that idea but the WPI is careful to state that that has not been proven. Until we know better the XMRV is simply another virus – albeit with intriguing possibilities – that has been found in ME/CFS patients. It will take much more study as well as independent verification of the WPI’s results before we can say how significant this virus is.

XMRV

There were two types of viruses; DNA and RNA viruses. Retroviruses are single pieces of RNA enveloped in a capsule which penetrates cells and then gets its RNA transcribed into DNA and then inserted into the cells DNA. Once that happens the virus uses cell’s DNA to produce more viruses which then bud from the cell and go on to infect other cells. Interestingly retroviruses do not usually kill the cells they infect. Because retroviruses sometimes insert themselves into a portion of the genome that regulates cellular growth they may have a higher than normal potential of causing cancer. XMRV is a gammaretrovirus that has those properties in mice and may have them in humans as well.

The XMRV gamma retrovirus was first discovered in 2006 when researchers at the University of San Francisco and the Cleveland clinic found that it clustered in cancerous prostate cells. XMRV prevalence in the most rapidly growing cancer cells triggered alarms that it was driving a particularly aggressive form of prostate cancer. XMRV has not been proven to cause prostate cancer – those studies have not been done – at the moment it is associated with a form of prostate cancer.

RNase L

RNase L is an enzyme in the interferon pathway that targets viral RNA and destroys it. A genetically defective form of RNase L. is associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer. The men in the first XMRV study had this defective form of RNase L. ME/CFS patients do not carry this genetic defect but a subset of patients do carry a dysfunctional RNase L enzyme that also appears to inhibit the enzyme’s ability to destroy pathogens. A followup study suggested that having a genetically derived dysfunctional RNase L enzyme resulted in increased XMRV replication. (It was the RNase L connection that prompted Dr. Mikovits to send ME/CFS blood samples to Dr. Silverman, the discoverer of the XMRV virus, at the Cleveland clinic.)

A 2009 study, however, which found that XMRV is not more common in patients with genetically derived RNase L. defect cast some doubt on the RNase L/XMRV connection. The WPI’s studies also found that RNase L dysfunction is not required to have an XMRV infection. It’s unclear at this point what role RNase L plays in XMRV infection.

Prostate Cancer

No one to my knowledge has said that ME/CFS men have an increased rate of aggressive prostate cancer. WPI researchers did show XMRV infected cells from ME/CFS patients in the lab were able to infect prostate cells. ME/CFS patients do not, however, typically harbor genetic defect that increases the risk for aggressive prostate cancer. The RNase L dysfunction they display does not appear to increase their risk of having aggressive prostate cancer.

Ground Zero In the Immune System

Natural killer cells may be ground zero in the immune dysfunction found in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). These cells, which man the first lines of our immune response, troll the body looking for invaders and infected cells and destroying them and then raising the alert. Again and again studies have found dysfunctional natural killer cells in ME/CFS. Anecdotal reports from the WPI indicating that the natural killer cells in ME/CFS patients are loaded with this virus suggest a possible cause to one of the most significant dysfunctions in this illness.

Triggering Factors

Since we’ve seen that healthy people can carry this virus it’s clear that doesn’t necessarily cause disease. If it does turn out to be a key factor in chronic fatigue syndrome and other neuro- immune illnesses something’s going to have to either turn it on or exacerbate its effects when it is active. What could turn XMRV from a rather innocuous bystander to a problem?

Dr. Mikovits has speculated that stress hormones like our friend cortisol, or inflammatory cytokines or vaccines could all concievably shift XMRV from a Dr. Hyde to a Dr. Jekyll-like state. Indeed given the viruses propensity for T and B cells it sounds like any kind of immune activation could – by causing T and B cells to replicate – result in increased replication of the virus. (Annette Whittemore explained the WPI is not not advocating vaccine use in children. „We certainly are advocating vaccinations and how important those are to the well being of children“ )

Intriguingly given the preliminary evidence by Dr. Baraniuk that amyloidosis may play a role in chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) a 2009 study finding that ‘amyloidgenic fragments’ (SEVI) in prostate tissues appeared to ‘greatly increase’ XMRV infection was intriguing authors noted that these fragments appeared to to create “an environment that provides a natural enhancer of (XMRV) infection.” Because there are several different types of amyloidic proteins a connection to Dr. Baraniuk’s work is not clear. But because the virus can be carried in otherwise healthy people researchers will be looking for a ‚triggering‘ factor that potentiates it. Could amyloid fragments in ME/CFS patients central nervous system be a contributing factor?

Dig Deeper! – Amyloids in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS): A Biomarker in the Brain?

The Puppet Master?

Dr. Bell speculates that XMRV could be a kind of ‚puppet master‘ that allows other infections such as EBV or HHV6 or Lyme or enterovirus to become exacerbated. Dr. Huber, a researcher studying endogenous viral elements in ME/CFS has suggested that XMRV could be the key to the door that unlocks the activity of the endogenous retroviral elements she’s looking at.

Dig Deeper! – Dr. Bell on XMRV

A Recent ‚Escape‘ – the fact that the viruses isolated from ME/CFS patients were almost genetically identical even in patients from different areas suggests that the virus is a relatively ‘recent’ (in biological terms) escape and that its rate of replication within any one individual may be relatively low. Every time a virus replicates (ie redoes its genome) the possibility of small genetic alterations is present. Generally the more anrouters and replicates the more it changes over time. The fact that the viruses are so similar from individual to individual suggests that the virus is not replicating very quickly. The researchers went to some pains to make it clear that the virus jumped from mice to humans and there’s no evidence it is a laboratory escape .

The scientists are excited, everyone is working on it, so we know we are going to get alot of help. It’s an entirely new field of medicine“ Dr. Judy Mikovits
    The Long Road

Retroviruses were pretty hot item in the early 1990’s. Three studies, one by the CDC in 1993, one by Dr. Gow of the University of Glasgow (still an ME/CFS researcher) in 1992 and one by Japanese researchers in 1993 found no evidence of Dr. DeFreitas‘ retrovirus or other retroviruses. Dr. Komaroff failed to find evidence of a spumaretrovirus. A 1994 CDC study found no evidence of six retroviruses in ME/CFS. study. The next retroviral study cited by PubMed for ME/CFS was the 2000 CDC exploration of the p15 retroviral element.

But some controversy lingered about the original DeFreitas study. Gow and the CDC produced different results – which Dr. DeFreitas reportedly argued meant that there were problems with the primer. There have been some suggestions that Dr. Mikovits (and hence Dr. Silverman originally) uncovered Dr. DeFreitas‘ retrovirus. Dr. DeFreitas was looking for genetic sequences she believed belonged to a HTLV-II virus and Dr. Silverman uncovered sequences belonging to a gammaretrovirus. Could they be similar? Only time will tell.

Dig Deeper! Complete 1992 CDC HTLV-II Paper / Dr. Gow’s Abstract

After that small flurry of retroviral studies didn’t pan out the scientific community mostly begged off the viral hunt in ME/CFS. Part of the reason was just our bad luck. HIV was killing people by attacking T-helper cells, the masterminds of the late immune response. T cells were and are a hot item in the medical research community, and for good reason; it’s the late immune response that is primarily responsible for finally knocking down a pathogen. ME/CFS patients T-cells showed little evidence of substantial dysfunction; ergo infection was probably not the problem in chronic fatigue syndrome.

The natural killer cells in the early or innate immune response are, however, severely affected in ME/CFS. The early early immune response is responsible for identifying pathogens and engaging them a holding action until the cytotoxic T-cells come to the rescue. Natural killer cells weren’t getting much respect back then but they are now and a new class of drugs aimed at the early immune response will reportedly hit the market in the next couple of years. If AIDS wipes out T-helper cells, it may be that XMRV in ME/CFS patients knocks out natural killer cells; AIDS and ME/CFS patients may suffer from a similar problem but in different parts of the immune system.

Once the innate immune response research got cranking it took some remarkable findings in the late 1990’s and the early 2000’s regarding the RNase L enzyme and ME/CFS to eventually to turn Dr. Mikovits head toward Dr. Silvermans work on XMRV.

QUESTIONS and CONCERNS

Contamination?

When researchers use PCR to detect specific genetic sequences (ie. very very small bits of DNA) in cells -as the WPI researchers did – laboratory contamination is always a consideration. The concern grows when the DNA comes from a virus associated with mice; mice, after all, are very common in medical research laboratories. DNA is everywhere; floating on bits of dust in the air, collecting on surfaces. Could the DNA the WPI identified actually be from viruses that laboratory mice naturally harbor?

According to John Coffin of Tufts University this doesn’t seem likely. Genetically XMRV varies substantially from other mouse viruses. The fact that the samples were gathered from different sections of the country further cuts into the contamination question. The WPI researchers were also able to grow live viruses from ME/CFS patients cells and their antibody tests indicated ME/CFS patients had mounted an immune response to this specific virus. One important question regarding XMRV’s role in ME/CFS will center on the degree of viral load present; is the virus present in large numbers. If so where is it present and how active is the infection?

Other Infections

The Dubbo and Renee Taylor studies have conclusively shown that other infections (EBV, parovirus B-19, ) can and do trigger cases of ME/CFS. The Dubbo studies also suggest that patients are able to fight off and clear those pathogens but that high levels of cytokines early in the infectious process appear to set the stage for what becomes ME/CFS. Finding a place for XMRV in this scenario is going to be intriguing. We know that not everyone with XMRV infection comes down with ME/CFS. Do high cytokines plus a latent XMRV infection (plus amyloid proteins?) set the stage for ME/CFS. Another researcher suggested that XMRV infection could play a factor in many other diseases. Given the retroviral nature of this pathogen this might not be so surprising. Retroviruses do not typically kill the cells they inhabit. Instead they apparently alter their functioning. Through its effects on T helper cells HIV opens the door to many different types of pathogens.

Dig Deeper: The Autism Connection – Dr. Mikovits reported that 40% of Autism patients thus far tested are positive for XMRV. Check it out in this article on the Huffington Post

CDC Objections

Dr. Reeves has said the findings are „unexpected and surprising“ and that it is „almost unheard of to find an association of this magnitude between an infectious agent and a well-defined chronic disease, much less an illness like CFS“. We have all assumed, given the vague definition, that chronic fatigue syndrome is something of a wastebasket diagnosis and that the disease contains many subsets. Dr. Peterson has stated that he believes the ‚Incline Village Type cohort‘ he’s focused on makes up somewhere around 25% of diagnosed patients. Now we’re presented evidence suggesting that at least two thirds and perhaps a much higher percentage of patients are infected with a retrovirus. If this work is corroborated it’s a paradigm shifting moment in more ways than one. In fact as was discussed earlier notes could set the stage for a reassessment of several different neuro- immune disorders.

“There is a group who are young, healthy, active and engaged, and all of a sudden they are laid low by something. Everyone tells the physicians these are people who are functional and productive, and this is totally out of character. They are frustrated and often quite disheartened. You feel that medical science hasn’t caught up with their illness yet.” Dr. Schaffner (Vanderbilt University)

Dr. Reeves also stated „Until the work is independently verified, the report represents a single pilot study,“. ME/CFS patients can take caution from other ‚breakthroughs‘ that fails to be replicated. Then again no other research efforts have been backed by the kind of firepower but this one has. These weren’t your garden-variety ME/CFS researchers – the researchers involved in this paper all have substantial track records outside of chronic fatigue syndrome and hail from very prominent and rather conservative research institutions. One has to believe that they’veit is dotted all their i’s and crossed all their T’s. (They wouldn’t have gotten published in Science had they not.)

Dr. Reeves appears to be feeling some heat. He burst the bounds of researcher etiquette when he stated that „My expectation is that we will not“ be able to replicate the findings. He noted that he was surprised that Science accepted a paper because he didn’t know who these patients were. At first he seemed to have a point; the Science papers only description of the patients was that they were from ‚well-characterized“ cohorts. But Pat Sonnett has pointed out that accompanying data stated the „Banked samples were selected for this study from patients fulfilling the1994 CDC Fukuda Criteria for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (S1) and the 2003 Canadian Consensus Criteria for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) and presenting with severe disability; these patients did meet all the criteria for studying ME/CFS.

Dr. Reeves also noted that the study did not state the ages or sex of the patients and controls or duration of the disorder or type of onset.“ But he’s being a bit disengenuous. While Dr. Reeves is careful to match the ages, sex, etc. of the patients in his studies with his controls he has shown little ability to segregate his patients according to age, sex, duration of illness or type of onset. None of those factors appear to make the slightest difference in his laboratory findings and shouldn’t with regard to these findings.

Dr. Reeves also noted that CFS is a heterogeneous disease and likely arises from a combination of many factors – a almost ironic statement given that Dr. Reeves has done more than any other researcher to make this disorder even more heterogeneous. If this virus is ground zero for not only for ME/CFS but for other neuro-immune illnesses, however, uncovering how it creates such a heterogeneous mix of illnesses will be one of the key challenges for researchers.

At least from a patient standpoint it’s uncomfortable to hear comments like these from someone who’s in charge of replicating these results. Certainly the CDC should be expected to do a professional job in their replication efforts but given patients distrust of the group it’s good to know that other laboratories will also be attempting to replicate these findings.

Missed Opportunity – The CDC didn’t need to miss this opportunity. In fact it was almost in their hands. The CDC after all believes the interferon pathway in the central nervous system is the key immune element in chronic fatigue syndrome and RNase L – the factor that lead Dr. Mikovits to XMRV – is a key antiviral component of the interferon pathway. (The CDC came to the interferon conclusion after interferon alpha treatments for hepatitis patients were shown to create a very CFS-like condition. Interferon research papers are marked prominently on their website).

Once one believes that RNase L dysfunction is an important component of ME/CFS testing for XMRV is a pretty easy next step. (Indeed one wonders why Dr. De Meirlier didn’t jump on this earlier). Possibly because the CDC long ago discarded the importance of a viral component in this disorder they never bought into the RNase L paradigm. (They have never included it in any of their studies. Nor for that matter have they included the other important immune factor – natural killer cell dysfunction – in their studies. Although the CDC may have focused on the right immune pathway, if the WPI is right they focused on the wrong part of it.

„This is going to create an avalanche of subsequent studies.” Dr. Schnaffer (Vanderbilt)
    Game Changer- Only time will tell how significant this finding will end up being but it’s clearly already realigning the ME/CFS research playing field. Dr. Reeves stated that the CDC is already attempting to replicate the study findings. The National Cancer Institutes quickly convened workshop, the presence of this study in such a prominent medical journal, and the incredible news coverage that have accompanied these findings hopefully suggest that something fundamental has changed. The widespread interest in this study will surely translate into greatly increased funding for research into XMRV and hopefully into more immune research in chronic fatigue syndrome as well.

What to Expect Next

Replication – expect a double blinded study from an independent laboratory (or laboratories) that attempts to replicate the WPI’s findings. Dr. Reeves has indicated this study is already underway at the CDC.
    From Dr. Cheney’s remarks it appears that a study determining the rate of infection in family members and close contacts of ME/CFS patients is underway.
    An animal model researchers can use to more completely understand the viruses effects.
    Some sort of pronouncement at some point regarding the safety of the nation’s blood supply.
    Much more information from the Whittemore Peterson Institute as it becomes available (see below).
    A note from Andrea Whittemore-Goad

„What we ask is that you understand this initial finding is a catalyst , things have been moving very fast moving but we still need patience. Please if you are interested in participating in research leave your information at info@wpinstitute.org and please become a Friend at Friendsof Whittemore Peterson Institute facebook page . We are doing our very best to get a link up asap. Please keep looking for updates at the website and we hope we can help you and many others very soon . Andrea Whittemore-Goad

Whittemore Peterson Institute Updates
    Q & A from the Whittemore-Peterson Institute
    XMRV Discussion Center
    Treatment Possibilities
    Find out more on the XMRV Resource Page – includes links to websites, articles, blogs, etc.
    Want to participate in research? Leave your info at info@wpinstitute.org.

popo
    Teilnehmer

mich würde mal Eure Meinung dazu interessieren….

Tanja78
    Teilnehmer

Hi,

ich sehe vor allem einen großen Pluspunkt an dieser Sache:

CFS macht endlich mal wieder große Schlagzeilen in den Medien. Wenn auch in Deutschland nur begrenzt und nur online.

Wieviel mehr da dran ist, müssen die weiteren Forschungsergebnisse zeigen. Soweit ich weiß, wurde diese Patientengruppe speziell ausgewählt: Nämlich aus einem der epidemieartigen Ausbrüche in den Staaten. Ob dieses Virus auch in den sporadischen Fällen in ähnlicher Zahl vorhanden ist, bleibt offen. Ebenso wie die Frage, ob es eben „nur ein weiteres Virus“ in der Sammlung von CFS-Patienten sein wird, oder möglicherweise doch das Virus, das sozusagen „Die Fäden zieht“ und überhaupt erst für die Reaktivierung anderer Viren wie dem EBV sorgt.

Ich bin skeptisch aber hoffnungsvoll, dass sich daraus mehr ergibt – oder es zumindest einen Beitrag für die Glaubwürdigkeit von CFS als ORGANISCHE Krankheit bedeutet, weg vom Image als „somatoforme Störung“, „Hypochondrie“ oder „Erschöpfungsdepression“.

sunny2
    Teilnehmer
    sunny2
    Teilnehmer

Hi Popo,

hast Du neue Infos zum Retrovirus?

Lg,
    sunny

kadee
    Teilnehmer

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-claim-to-have-found-the-cause-of-me-is-premature-1859003.html

Scientists‘ claim to have found the cause of ME is ‚premature‘

British researchers say US team should have waited for more evidence of viral link before publishing findings

LG
    kadee

AlexD
    Teilnehmer

Weitere Anmerkungen aus der Diskussion über XMRV in den Marshallforen seit Oktober. Der Tenor war:

„Confirmed – only a bystander arrested at the scene of the crime…“. Also möglicherweise nicht „der Schuldige“ sondern nur ein Pathogen von vielen. Es geht aber schon in die richtige Richtung…

http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum39/13461.html

Grüße

Alex

Bert24
    Teilnehmer

Dies wird hoffentlich endlich die Menschen ändern ihre
    Einstellung zu dieser Krankheit. „Dr. Judy Mikovits
    Die Nachricht hatte sich in der Luft in den letzten Wochen wurden, die
    Whittemore Peterson Institute zu veröffentlichende
    etwas groß – sehr groß – am Freitag. Wie bereits am Montag
    Gespräche über das Internet auf eine ungewöhnliche konzentriert
    Retrovirus genannt XMRV (Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus
    In Verbindung stehende Virus) Dann frühen Donnerstag die Nachricht aus – ein
    Retroviren waren in vielen gefunden, wenn nicht fast alle ME / CFS
    Patienten. Das WPI choreographiert und der Ankündigung;
    Geschichten schossen auf die Hunderte von Medien, einschließlich
    Wall Street Journal, NY Times, NPR, Scientific American,
    Natur, etc. Die Geschichte wurde schnell zur Nummer Eins im E –
    per Post Geschichte an der New York Times.

Es war große Neuigkeit in der Tat – nach zwei Jahrzehnten chronische Müdigkeit
    Syndrom (ME / CFS) wurde bereits in den News im großen Stil.
    Ironischerweise ist die letzte große Spritzer davon in den 1990er Jahren
    vorgestellten ein Retrovirus in ME / CFS, dass konnte nicht erfolgreich abgeschlossen und
    links einen jungen Forscher Karriere in Trümmern. Man hat den
    Gefühl, dass das nicht geht, diese time.in passieren

A Deep Bench – Ein Grund dafür ist die außerordentliche Tiefe
    das Forschungsteam Beteiligten in diese Feststellungen. Es ist nicht
    oft, dass der Leiter der AIDS-NCI-und Viral Cancer
    Center of Excellence hat einen Grund, die Worte auszusprechen
    „Chronic fatigue syndrome“, um die nationalen Medien. Aber auch hier
    Stuart war Dr. Le Grice nicht nur Aussprechen der Worte, sondern
    verglich dieser Phase des Kampfes bis in die frühen HIV-Epidemie
    und seine Partner Verpfändung des National Cancer Institute
    am besten auf entwirren, was vor sich geht.

Neben Dr. Grice (nicht ein Autor der Studie) hatten wir Dr.
    Ruscetti vom National Cancer Institute und der
    Entdecker der XMRV, Dr. Silverman von der Cleveland
    Klinik Geläute auf Clinic. Nach oben ist aus der Studie war
    veröffentlicht in der Wissenschaft, der angesehensten und oft zitiert
    wissenschaftlichen Zeitschrift der Welt – ein außergewöhnliches Ereignis
    für die ME / CFS-Forschung.

„Diese überzeugenden Daten ermöglichen die Entwicklung einer
    Hypothese über eine Ursache für dieses komplexe und
    missverstandene Krankheit, da Retroviren sind eine bekannte
    Ursache für neurodegenerative Erkrankungen und Krebs beim Menschen “
    Francis Ruscetti, Ph.D., Laboratory of Experimental
    Immunologie, NCI.

The Big Picture

ME / CFS-Patienten haben noch nie so etwas gesehen. Und in
    Tatsächlich ist es nicht alles über sie. Unter den Fremden Ergebnisse
    ausgehen aus dem Whittemore Peterson-Institut ist das
    Tatsache, dass dieses Retrovirus, das bisher war
    verbunden nur mit Prostatakrebs in einigen neurologischen
    Krankheiten wurde auf den meisten gegründet 4% der gesunden Kontrollen
    Blut. Dies deutet darauf hin, dass etwa 10 Millionen Amerikaner könnten
    werden, tragen eine tickende Zeitbombe. Es wird ferner vorgeschlagen, dass jeder
    wer mit einer Bluttransfusion gefährdet sein könnten. Diese
    Zwei Dinge haben genug von der National Cancer Institute
    Aufmerksamkeit, die es schnell einberufen ein Workshop im August auf
    wie man mit diesem Problem umgehen.

Die Studie zur Freigabe durch die Whittemore Peterson Institute
    festgestellt, dass zwei Drittel der Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME / CFS)
    Patienten mit einem kürzlich entdeckten Retrovirus
    XMRV genannt, die mit schweren Fällen von zugeordnet ist
    Prostatakrebs. Sie waren zu dieser Entdeckung durch die
    Tatsache, dass beide ME / CFS und Prostatakrebs Patienten oft
    haben eine Störung in einer wichtigen Immun-Enzym
    RNase L. Als sie sah auf die ME / CFS-Patienten waren
    Erstaunen feststellen, daß die meisten von ihnen das Virus durchgeführt, wie
    gut.

Tatsächlich ist die Verbreitung dieses Virus in ME / CFS haben können
    unterschätzt wird. In Telefonaten Dr. Mikovits gemeldet
    WPI war, dass die Suche nach Antikörpern gegen das Retrovirus in
    ganze 95% der ME / CFS Proben. Die Tatsache, dass die wenigen
    getesteten Fibromyalgie-Patienten getestet positiv für die
    Virus legt nahe, dass es in anderen gefunden neuro-immun sein kann
    Krankheiten und der WPI werden Tests, die Möglichkeit.

„Ich kann es kaum erwarten zu können meine Patienten zu erzählen. Es wird
    ihre Socken hauen „Dr. Judy Mikovits
    Die neuen (alten) AIDS – AIDS und chronische Müdigkeit
    waren früher oft zusammen in unserem Tierseuchen
    Geschichte. Die ansteckende Beginn der chronischen Verlauf, der
    verheerende Art der Erkrankung, die Unfähigkeit,
    Krankheitserreger zu identifizieren und die Tatsache, dass HIV eben angekommen
    auf der Bühne als auch – alles aus sowohl Laien als auch professionelle
    Leute denken, ‚Retrovirus. Fünfundzwanzig Jahre später wurde das WPI
    ist zu behaupten, dass, ja, ME / CFS-Patienten sind infiziert mit
    ein Retrovirus – in der Tat einer von nur drei menschlichen Infektionskrankheiten
    Retroviren bestehen. In gewisser Weise passt es sehr gut;
    Alle Retroviren stören das Immunsystem in einer Weise
    zu ermöglichen, andere Viren zu florieren. Mehrere Studien
    Natürlich haben, fand sehr zur Steigerung des Anteils
    opportunistische virale Infektionen bei ME / CFS – eine gemeinsame,
    wenn verheerender Befund bei AIDS.

Prävalenz – Die Science-Studie ergab, dass 67% der Patienten
    und 4% der Kontrollen aus dem ganzen Land getestet
    positiv für XMRV mittels PCR Tests. Wer waren diese
    Patienten? Sie kamen aus Gebieten, in denen es war
    Ausbrüche und alle Patienten erfüllt sowohl die 1994
    Definition des CFS und der kanadischen Konsens-Definition.
    Sie waren auch ganz deaktiviert.

Forscher oft „die Lilie vergolden“, so zu sprechen, über ihre
    Erste Untersuchungen durch die Einschreibung sehr kranke Patienten, um
    um sicherzustellen, dass sie positive Ergebnisse zu erzielen. Die Angabe
    WPI, dass die verwendeten sehr behinderte Patienten schlägt vor, dass
    sie tat dies und stellt die Frage, ob das Virus
    wird auch in weniger kranken Patienten gefunden werden. Die Tatsache, dass die
    WPI verwendet der kanadischen Konsens Definition bedeutet, dass
    Diese Patienten müssen postexertional Unwohlsein Display (dh
    sie müssen Symptom Fackeln nach der Ausübung Erfahrung).

Anführungen unveröffentlichten Antikörpertests Dr. Mikovits vorgeschlagen
    XMRV Prävalenz in der ME / CFS Gemeinschaft kann in der Tat
    viel höher. Antikörper-Tests von 330 Patienten indiziert
    dass ganze 95% der Patienten positiv auf Antikörper getestet
    die XMRV Virus. Antikörper sind Faktoren, produziert von B –
    Zellen in Reaktion auf eine Infektion. Forscher verwenden
    Antikörper zur Tabelle, ob eine Person zu einem ausgesetzt worden
    Erreger. Bemerkenswert ist der Umfang der XMRV Abschnitt in der
    Kontrollen blieb mit 4% konstant. (PCR-Test
    Unterschätzung der Prävalenz der Infektion, wenn die Viren
    hängen, die in Bereichen, die nicht einfach durch die peripheren zugegriffen
    Blut – wie die des zentralen Nervensystems. Wieder haben wir nicht
    wissen, wer diesen Patienten waren.

Dr. Cheney darauf hingewiesen, dass sein Büro 14 Proben beigetragen
    darunter drei Kontrollen. Da die Erkenntnisse aus seiner
    Büro sind sehr ähnlich zu der endgültigen Feststellungen er erklärte: „Ich
    bin mir ziemlich sicher, dass ihre Erkenntnisse auch auf andere CFS verallgemeinern
    Kohorten, die gut sind wie meine Sinne. „Dr. Cheney
    glaubt, dass Menschen, die Kriterien für CFS treffen oder
    ohne FM oder MCS oder chronischen Lyme-Test wird wahrscheinlich
    positiv. In der New York Times Dr. Mikovits
    erklärt, sie glaubte ALL ME / CFS-Patienten wird positve Test
    für XMRV.

Dr. Bell ist bei der Prüfung seiner ursprünglichen Kohorte von interessanten
    CFS Kinder, wenn er sie finden kann. Von seinem Newsletter – „Wenn
    einer von euch der Lektüre dieses erkrankte im Bereich Lyndonville
    um 1985, wurden unter 18 zu der Zeit, und wollen
    bewertet werden, schreiben Sie bitte an mich in lynnews@davidsbell.com

XMRV / X und und Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME / CFS)
    Information Center
    Die Fakten
    Behandlung
    Resources
    Diskussion Center
    X und

(X assoziierten Neuro-Immune Disorder) – Dr. Mikovits
    Erklärung, dass die wenigen, die Fibromyalgie-Patienten hatten
    getestet getestet positiv für die Retrovirus schlägt vor, dass
    XMRV Infektion kann ein Faktor sein, in mehreren verschiedenen schlecht
    verstanden werden (und schlecht akzeptiert) Erkrankungen. Das WPI’s
    bisherigen Maßnahmen sollte uns dazu bringen, dass XMRV erwarten
    Infektion stoppt kaum ME / CFS. Der Name angesichts der
    Störungen, die durch XMRV Infektion – Xand – verursacht sollte uns
    zu erwarten, dass ME CFS / make up kann nur eine Teilmenge dieser
    Retroviren Opfer. Erwarten Sie das Whittemore Peterson
    Institut zu einem bestimmten Zeitpunkt zu beurteilen, XMRV Prävalenz und
    möglicherweise im Zusammenhang mit Erkrankungen und andere neuro-immun
    Krankheiten.

Wenn die XMRV Virus ist der Schlüssel für die virale Kaskade, dass die
    Whittemore Peterson-Institut hat in so vielen identifiziert
    ihren Patienten eine zentrale Frage geht, wie nicht, dass sich
    dass man Schlüssel in der Tür? Viren machen nicht nur aufspringen und
    Angriff Menschen, die sie brauchen zu übermitteln. Es ist klar, dass
    Das Virus ist nicht durch die Luft verbreiten, was bedeutet, dass
    um mit ihm infiziert der Virus braucht, um sein
    von Mensch zu Mensch übertragen werden über den Speichel, Blut,
    Sperma oder Muttermilch.

„NCI reagiert, wie sie es in den frühen Tagen der HIV“
    Stuart Le Grice, Leiter des Center of Excellence in
    HIV / AIDS und Krebs Virologie an der NCI

Die Anwesenheit von XMRV im Blut stellt möglicherweise die
    Blutzufuhr zu den Risikogruppen und ist ohne Zweifel der Fahrt eine Menge
    Forschung an den NIH. (Will ME / CFS-Patienten angewiesen werden,
    zu geben, Blut? Werden sie irgendwann nicht zulassen, dass
    Blut? ) Das Auftreten des Virus in Speichel, Sperma
    und anderen Körperflüssigkeiten bietet mehrere potenzielle Wege
    der Übertragung. Lediglich die Präsenz eines Virus in sagen,
    Speichel, bedeutet nicht, dass es in der übertragen werden
    Speichel. HIV, zum Beispiel ist im Speichel gefunden, aber es
    ist nicht im Speichel übertragen.

Dr. Cheney rundweg behauptet jedoch, dass das Virus
    übertragbaren von allen Körperflüssigkeiten und hält dies für
    warum sie hat eine höhere Infektiosität Preise als die anderen bekannten
    humanen Retroviren. Der Wortlaut der WPI FAQ’s’s
    schlägt vor, mag er recht haben. Dr. Coffin, einem molekularen
    Biologe an der Tufts University, auf der anderen Seite notesd,
    dass die Beweise für die sexuelle Übertragung ist indirekt und
    Rückschlüsse auf die sexuelle Übertragung sind
    „Verfrüht“.

Testing

Mehrere Labors können für XMRV testen, aber es gibt mehrere gute
    Gründe für die Holdoff. Laut der New York Times Dr.
    Mikovits hat erklärt, dass ein neues, genaueres Prüfung sollte
    bereit sein, „innerhalb von Wochen“. Das WPI kann sehr gut tun
    Tests selbst, wenn es so wäre ein Bonus für sie
    haben alle Daten unter einem Dach. Das Geld aus dem
    Testphase wird natürlich richtig zurück in ihre gefüttert
    Forschungsanstrengungen. Es wird eine große Bereicherung für ein Institut
    dass ein Viertel des Haushalts von CFS der CDC Programm hat.

Behandlung – Check-out die Behandlung Seite

Die Ursache?

Sie wissen auch nicht, wenn es die Ursache von ME / CFS. Dr. Mikovits
    ist klar, dass gestützt auf die Idee, sondern ist WPI
    Achten Sie darauf, dass dass es nicht erwiesen ist. Bis wir
    besser wissen, die XMRV ist einfach ein anderer Virus – wenn auch mit
    faszinierende Möglichkeiten – das ist in mir gefunden / CFS
    Patienten. Es wird viel mehr zu lernen, sowie auch
    eine unabhängige Überprüfung der Ergebnisse der WPI, bevor wir
    kann sagen, wie bedeutsam dieser Virus ist.

XMRV

Es gab zwei Arten von Viren, DNA-und RNA-Viren.
    Retroviren sind Einzelstücke von RNA eingehüllt in eine
    Kapsel, die Zellen eindringt und dann bekommt seine RNA
    transkribiert und dann in die DNA in die Zellen-DNA eingefügt.
    Sobald dies geschieht, nutzt das Virus Zell-DNA zu produzieren
    mehr Viren, die Knospe dann aus der Zelle und gehe auf
    andere Zellen zu infizieren. Interessanterweise Retroviren nicht
    in der Regel töten sie die Zellen zu infizieren. Da Retroviren
    Manchmal fügen sich in einen Teil des Genoms
    Zellwachstum, dass sie eine höhere als die regelt
    normale Potenzial Krebs zu erregen. XMRV ist ein
    Gammaretroviren, dass diese Eigenschaften bei Mäusen hat und kann
    haben sie auch beim Menschen.

Die XMRV Gamma-Retroviren wurde erstmals 2006 entdeckt
    als Forscher an der Universität von San Francisco und
    der Cleveland Clinic festgestellt, dass es in Cluster-Krebs
    Prostata-Zellen. XMRV Prävalenz in der am schnellsten
    wachsenden Krebszellen ausgelöste Alarme, dass es fuhr
    eine besonders aggressive Form von Prostatakrebs. XMRV
    ist nicht erwiesen ist, Prostata-Krebs verursachen – die
    Studien wurden nicht gemacht – im Moment ist es
    verbunden mit einer Form von Prostatakrebs.

RNase L

RNase L ist ein Enzym in der Interferon-Bahn, die
    Ziele viraler RNA und zerstört sie. Ein genetisch defekte
    Form von RNase L. ist mit einem erhöhten Risiko für assoziierte
    Prostatakrebs. Die Männer in der ersten XMRV Studie hatte diese
    fehlerhafte Form von RNase L. ME / CFS-Patienten tragen nicht
    Dieser genetische Defekt, sondern eine Untergruppe von Patienten, tragen ein
    dysfunktionalen RNase L Enzym, das scheint auch zu hemmen
    des Enzyms Fähigkeit, Krankheitserreger zu vernichten. A Followup
    Studie weist darauf hin, dass ein genetisch abgeleitet
    dysfunktionalen RNase L Enzyms führte zu einer Erhöhung XMRV
    Replikation. (Es war der RNase-L-Verbindung, die aufgefordert
    Dr. Mikovits zu ME / CFS Blutproben zu senden an Dr.
    Silverman, der Entdecker der XMRV Virus, der
    Cleveland Klinik.)

Eine 2009 Studie hat jedoch festgestellt, dass die XMRV nicht mehr
    häufiger bei Patienten mit genetisch abgeleitet RNase L.
    Defekt warf einige Zweifel an der RNase L / XMRV Verbindung. Der
    WPI die Studien auch, dass RNase L Dysfunktion nicht
    erforderlich, um eine XMRV Infektion. Es ist unklar, in diesem
    Punkt, welche Rolle spielt in RNase L XMRV Infektion.

Prostate Cancer

Niemand meines Wissens hat gesagt, dass ME CFS Männer / eine
    erhöhte Rate von aggressiven Prostatakrebs. WPI
    Forscher haben XMRV infizierten Zellen von mir zeigen / CFS
    Patienten im Labor konnten Prostata-Zellen zu infizieren.
    ME / CFS-Patienten jedoch nicht, Hafen in der Regel genetische
    Mangel, erhöht das Risiko für aggressiven Prostatakrebs
    Krebs. Die RNase L Dysfunktion zeigen sie nicht
    scheinen ihre Gefahr, dass aggressive erhöhen
    Prostatakrebs.

Ground Zero im Immunsystem

Natürliche Killerzellen können „Ground Zero“ in das Immunsystem
    Dysfunktion gefunden in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME / CFS).
    Diese Zellen, die der Mensch die ersten Zeilen unseres Immunsystems
    Antwort troll der Körper auf der Suche nach Eindringlingen und infiziert
    Zellen und sie zu zerstören und dann Anhebung der Benachrichtigung.
    Immer und immer wieder Studien haben ergeben, dysfunktional natürlichen
    Killerzellen bei ME / CFS. Anekdotischen Berichten aus der WPI
    darauf hinweist, dass die natürlichen Killerzellen bei ME / CFS
    Patienten mit diesem Virus geladen schlagen eine mögliche
    dazu führen, dass eine der wichtigsten Störungen in diesem
    Krankheit.

Auslösende Faktoren

Da wir gesehen haben, dass gesunde Menschen dieses Virus führen können
    Es ist klar, dass nicht unbedingt die Krankheiten verursachen. Wenn es
    hat sich als ein wesentlicher Faktor bei der chronischen Müdigkeit
    Syndroms und andere neuro-immun gegen Krankheiten something’s
    gehen zu müssen, sie entweder zu aktivieren oder zu verschärfen ihre
    Auswirkungen, wenn es aktiv ist. Was könnte XMRV wiederum von einem
    eher harmlose Zuschauer, ein Problem?

Dr. Mikovits wurde spekuliert, dass Stresshormone wie unsere
    Freund Cortisol oder inflammatorische Zytokine oder Impfstoffe
    könnten alle concievably Verschiebung XMRV von einem Dr. Hyde zu einem Dr.
    Jekyll-artigen Zustand. Denn angesichts der Viren Neigung zur
    T-und B-Zellen, es klingt wie jede Art von Aktivierung des Immunsystems
    könnte – verursacht durch T-und B-Zellen zu replizieren – Ergebnis in
    erhöht die Replikation des Virus. (Annette Whittemore
    erklärte der WPI ist nicht plädiere nicht für den Einsatz in Impfstoff
    Kinder. „Wir haben mit Sicherheit eintreten Impfungen und
    wie wichtig diese sind für das Wohlergehen der Kinder „)

Interessanterweise Angesichts der ersten Erkenntnisse von Dr.
    Baraniuk dass Amyloidose kann eine Rolle spielen bei der chronischen
    Müdigkeit (ME / CFS) eine Studie 2009 festgestellt, dass
    „amyloidgenic Fragmente“ (SEVI) in Prostata-Gewebe
    erschien „erheblich steigern“ XMRV Infektion
    interessante Autoren darauf hingewiesen, dass diese Fragmente erschienen
    zu schaffen, „ein Umfeld, das eine natürliche Enhancer bietet
    von (XMRV)-Infektion. „Da gibt es mehrere verschiedene
    Arten von amyloidic Proteine eine Verbindung zu Dr. Baraniuk’s
    Arbeit ist nicht klar. Aber weil das Virus durchgeführt werden kann in
    sonst gesunden Menschen Forscher werden nach einem
    „ausgelöst“ Faktor, der es potenziert. Könnte Amyloid
    Fragmente in ME / CFS-Patienten zentralen Nervensystems eine
    Faktor?

Dig Deeper! – Amyloide in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    (ME / CFS): Ein Biomarker im Gehirn?

The Puppet Master?

Dr. Bell spekuliert, dass XMRV könnte eine Art von „Marionette
    master ‚, die können andere Infektionen wie EBV oder HHV6
    oder Borreliose oder Enterovirus zu verschärften werden. Dr. Huber, ein
    Forscher studieren endogenen viralen Elemente in der ME / CFS
    XMRV hat vorgeschlagen, dass der Schlüssel für die Tür könnte sein, dass
    entriegelt die Aktivität des endogenen retroviralen Elementen
    She’s looking at.

Dig Deeper! – Dr. Bell XMRV

Eine neue „Escape“ – die Tatsache, dass die Viren isoliert
    von ME / CFS-Patienten waren fast genetisch identischen
    auch bei Patienten aus verschiedenen Bereichen schlägt vor, dass die
    Virus ist ein relativ ‚aktuell‘ (biologisch)
    Flucht und dass sich das Tempo der Replikation in einem
    Person kann relativ gering. Jedes Mal, wenn ein Virus
    Wiederholungen (dh nachvollzieht ihrem Genom) die Möglichkeit, kleine
    genetische Veränderungen vorhanden ist. Im Allgemeinen wird das mehr
    anrouters und Wiederholungen, je mehr sie im Laufe der Zeit Veränderungen.
    Die Tatsache, dass die Viren so ähnlich sind, von einzelnen
    die einzelnen schlägt vor, dass das Virus nicht repliziert
    sehr schnell. Die Forscher gingen einige Mühe zu machen,
    klar, dass das Virus sprang von der Maus auf den Menschen und
    gibt es keinen Beweis ist ein Labor zu entkommen.

Die Wissenschaftler sind begeistert, jeder ist daran zu arbeiten, so
    wir wissen, werden wir sehr viel Hilfe bekommen. Es ist ein ganz
    neues Gebiet der Medizin „Dr. Judy Mikovits
    The Long Road

Retroviren waren ziemlich heißen Element in den frühen 1990er Jahren.
    Drei Studien, eine von der CDC in 1993, ein von Dr. Gow von
    der Universität Glasgow (noch ein ME / CFS-Forscher) in
    1992 und ein von japanischen Forschern im Jahr 1993 fand keine
    Nachweis von Dr. DeFreitas „Retrovirus oder anderen
    Retroviren. Dr. Komaroff blieben den Nachweis einer zu finden
    spumaretrovirus. A 1994 CDC-Studie fand keine Hinweise auf sechs
    Retroviren in ME / CFS. Studie. Die nächste Studie retroviralen
    zitiert von PubMed für ME / CFS CDC 2000 war die Erforschung der
    die p15 retrovirale Element.

Aber einige Kontroversen über die ursprüngliche DeFreitas verweilte
    Studie. Gow und die CDC produziert unterschiedliche Ergebnisse – die
    Dr. DeFreitas Berichten zufolge soll argumentiert, dass es
    Probleme mit der Grundierung. Es wurden einige Vorschläge wurden
    dass Dr. Mikovits (und damit Dr. Silverman ursprünglich)
    aufgedeckt Dr. DeFreitas „Retrovirus. Dr. DeFreitas wurde
    Suche nach genetischen Sequenzen sie glaubte, gehörte zu einer
    HTLV-II-Virus und Dr. Silverman aufgedeckt Sequenzen
    Zugehörigkeit zu einer Gammaretroviren. Könnten sie ähnlich sein?
    Nur die Zeit wird es zeigen.

Dig Deeper! Complete 1992 CDC HTLV-II-Papier / Dr. Gow’s
    Abstract

Nach diesem kleinen Flut von retroviralen Studien haben pan nicht
    aus der wissenschaftlichen Gemeinschaft gebeten, vor allem aus der viralen
    Jagd in ME / CFS. Ein Teil der Grund dafür war neben unserem Pech.
    HIV wurde das Töten von Menschen durch Angriffe auf T-Helfer-Zellen, die
    Köpfe der späten Immunantwort. T-Zellen und
    sind ein heißes Thema in der medizinischen Forschung, und für
    guten Grund, es ist die späte Immunantwort ist, dass
    in erster Linie verantwortlich für die endgültige umzuwerfen ein
    Erreger. ME / CFS-Patienten T-Zellen zeigte kaum Anzeichen dafür,
    erhebliche Funktionsstörung; ergo Infektion wahrscheinlich
    das Problem nicht in chronic fatigue syndrome.

Die natürlichen Killerzellen im frühen oder angeborenen Immunsystems
    Antwort sind jedoch schwer in betroffenen ME / CFS. Der
    früh früh Immunantwort ist verantwortlich für die Identifizierung
    Krankheitserreger zu zeigen und sie in einem Betrieb, bis die Aktion
    zytotoxischen T-Zellen zu Hilfe kommen. Natürliche Killerzellen
    waren nicht immer viel Respekt damals aber jetzt sind sie
    und eine neue Klasse von Medikamenten, zielte auf die frühen Immunsystem
    Antwort wird Berichten zufolge auf den Markt in den nächsten
    von Jahren. Wenn Aids löscht T-Helfer-Zellen, kann es sein, dass
    XMRV bei ME / CFS-Patienten klopft natürliche Killerzellen;
    Aids und ME / CFS-Patienten leiden unter einem ähnlichen Problem
    aber in verschiedenen Teilen des Immunsystems.

Sobald der angeborenen Immunantwort Forschung hat es Kurbeln
    hat einige bemerkenswerte Ergebnisse in den späten 1990er Jahren und der
    Anfang 2000 betreffend den RNase L Enzym und ME / CFS
    schließlich wiederum Dr. Mikovits Kopf nach Dr. Silvermans
    Arbeit an XMRV.

Fragen und Bedenken

Verunreinigung?

Wenn die Forscher mit Hilfe der PCR zum Nachweis spezifischer genetischer
    Sequenzen (zB sehr, sehr kleine Stücke der DNA) in Zellen wie
    Datenbanken der WPI-Forscher haben – Labor Kontamination
    immer eine Gegenleistung. Die Sorge wächst, wenn die DNA –
    kommt von einem Virus mit Mäusen verbunden sind; Mäuse, nachdem alle,
    sind sehr häufig in der medizinischen Forschungslabors. DNA
    überall, schwimmt auf Staubteilchen in der Luft,
    Erhebung auf einer Oberfläche. Kann die DNA-Datenbanken der WPI identifiziert
    tatsächlich von Viren, die Labormaus natürlich
    Hafen?

Laut John Coffin von der Tufts University dies nicht
    scheint wahrscheinlich. Genetisch XMRV unterscheidet sich erheblich vom
    andere Maus Viren. Die Tatsache, dass die Proben wurden
    gesammelt aus verschiedenen Teilen des Landes weiter
    Schnitte in der Kontamination Frage. Die Forscher WPI
    konnten auch lebende Viren von ME wachsen / CFS-Patienten
    Zellen und ihrer Antikörper-Tests ergaben, dass ME / CFS-Patienten
    hatte eine Immunantwort auf diesen speziellen Virus montiert. Eins
    wichtige Frage über die Rolle XMRV in ME / CFS wird
    Zentrum über den Grad der Viruslast vorhanden, ist das Virus
    in großer Zahl vorhanden. Wenn ja, wo es vorhanden ist und
    Wie aktiv ist die Infektion?

Andere Infektionen

Die Dubbo und Renee Taylor Studien haben eindeutig gezeigt,
    dass andere Infektionen (EBV, parovirus B-19,) tun können, und
    Trigger Fälle von ME / CFS. Die Dubbo Studien auch darauf hin
    dass die Patienten in der Lage, abzuwehren und die klare
    Krankheitserreger, sondern dass ein hohes Maß von Zytokinen in den frühen
    infektiösen Prozesses scheinen die Bühne gesetzt, was
    wird ME / CFS. Suche nach einem Platz für XMRV in diesem Szenario
    sein wird faszinierend. Wir wissen, dass nicht jeder mit
    XMRV Infektion kommt mit mir / CFS. Do hohen Zytokine
    plus eine latente Infektion XMRV (plus Amyloid-Proteinen?) gesetzt
    die Bühne für ME / CFS. Ein anderer Forscher vorgeschlagen, dass
    XMRV Infektion könnte ein Faktor spielen in vielen anderen Krankheiten.
    Angesichts der retroviralen Natur des Erregers könnte dies
    nicht so überraschend. Retroviren töten in der Regel nicht
    die Zellen, die sie bewohnen. Anstatt sie zu verändern offenbar
    ihre Arbeitsweise. Durch seine Auswirkungen auf die T-Helferzellen
    HIV öffnet die Tür zu viele verschiedene Arten von Krankheitserregern.

Dig Deeper: The Autism Connection – Dr. Mikovits gemeldet
    dass 40% der Patienten mit Autismus bisher getestet werden positive
    für XMRV. Check it out in diesem Artikel auf die Huffington
    CDC Beschwerdepunkte

Dr. Reeves hat gesagt, die Ergebnisse sind „unerwartete und
    überraschend „und dass es“ nahezu unbekannt ist, eine zu finden
    Verein dieser Größenordnung zwischen ein infektiöses Agens
    und eine gut definierte chronische Krankheit, geschweige denn eine Krankheit
    gegeben, wie CFS „. Wir haben alle davon ausgegangen, die vage
    Definition ist, dass chronische Müdigkeit etwas
    einen Papierkorb Diagnose und dass die Krankheit enthält viele
    Teilmengen. Dr. Peterson hat erklärt, dass er die Auffassung,
    „Incline Village Typ Kohorte“ he’s on konzentriert macht
    irgendwo rund 25% der diagnostizierten Patienten. Jetzt sind wir
    vorgelegt Anhaltspunkte dafür, dass mindestens zwei Drittel und
    vielleicht ein wesentlich höherer Prozentsatz der Patienten infiziert sind
    mit einem Retrovirus. Wenn diese Arbeit ist bestätigt es ist ein
    Paradigma Verlagerung momentan in mehr als einer Hinsicht. In der Tat, wie
    diskutiert wurde frühere Notizen könnte das Fundament für eine Reihe
    Neubewertung der verschiedenen neuro-immun-Erkrankungen.

„Es gibt eine Gruppe, die jung sind, gesund, aktiv und
    beschäftigt, und plötzlich legten sie sind niedrig
    etwas. Jeder sagt die Ärzte sind Leute,
    , die funktional und produktiv, und das ist völlig aus
    Charakter. Sie sind frustriert und oft auch
    entmutigt. Sie fühlen sich die medizinische Wissenschaft noch nicht gefangen
    mit ihrer Erkrankung noch nicht. „Dr. Schaffner (Vanderbilt
    University)

Dr. Reeves auch erklärte: „Bis in die Arbeit wird unabhängig
    überprüft, stellt der Bericht einen einzigen Pilotstudie „.
    ME / CFS-Patienten können vorsichtig sein, von anderen
    „Durchbrüche“, die nicht repliziert werden. Dann wieder nicht
    andere Forschungsarbeiten wurden von der Art der gesicherten
    Feuerkraft, aber dieses hat. Diese waren nicht Ihren Garten –
    Vielfalt ME / CFS-Forscher – die beteiligten Forscher in
    diesem Papier haben alle wesentlichen Fangberichte außerhalb der
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome und Hagel von sehr prominenten und
    eher konservativ Forschungseinrichtungen. Man muss
    glauben, dass they’veit ist übersät alle i und gekreuzten
    alle T’s. (Sie bekommen würden nicht veröffentlicht haben in
    Die Wissenschaft hatte sie nicht.)

Dr. Reeves zu sein scheint Gefühl, etwas Wärme. Er brach die
    Grenzen des Forschers Etikette, als er erklärte, dass „Meine
    Erwartung ist, dass wir nicht „wird in der Lage, zu replizieren
    Ergebnisse. Er bemerkte, dass er überrascht war, dass Wissenschaft
    Wir akzeptieren ein Papier aus, weil er wußte nicht, wer diesen Patienten
    waren. Anfangs schien er zu einem Punkt haben, die Wissenschaft
    Papiere einzige Beschreibung der Patienten war, daß sie
    von „gut“ charakterisiert Kohorten. Aber Pat hat Sonnett
    wies darauf hin, dass begleitende Daten hat die „Banked
    Proben wurden für diese Studie von Patienten ausgewählt
    Erfüllung im Zeitraum 1994 CDC Fukuda Kriterien für Chronic Fatigue
    Syndrom (S1) und die 2003 kanadischen Konsens Kriterien für die
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / myalgische Enzephalomyelitis
    (CFS / ME) und mit schweren Behinderungen, die
    Patienten nicht erfüllen alle die Kriterien für die Untersuchung ME / CFS.

Dr. Reeves auch darauf hingewiesen, dass die Studie nicht der Staat
    Alter oder Geschlecht der Patienten und Kontrollen oder die Dauer von
    die Störung oder die Art des Auftretens. „Aber er ist, ein bisschen
    disengenuous. Während Dr. Reeves ist vorsichtig zu entsprechen der
    Alter, Geschlecht, etc. des Patienten in seine Studien mit dem
    Kontrollen hat er wenig Möglichkeit zu trennen gezeigt, seine
    Patienten nach Alter, Geschlecht, Dauer der Krankheit oder
    Art des Auftretens. Keiner dieser Faktoren scheinen das zu machen
    geringste Unterschied in seinem Labor Erkenntnisse und
    sollten nicht im Hinblick auf diese Ergebnisse.

Dr. Reeves auch festgestellt, dass CFS eine heterogene Erkrankung ist
    und entsteht wahrscheinlich aus einer Kombination von vielen Faktoren ab – ein
    fast ironische Aussage gegeben, dass Dr. Reeves getan hat
    mehr als jeder andere Forscher zu dieser Störung zu machen, auch
    mehr heterogen. Wenn dieses Virus ist Ground Zero „für nicht
    nur für ME / CFS sondern auch für andere neuro-immun gegen Krankheiten,
    jedoch aufzudecken, wie es erzeugt eine solche heterogene
    Mischung von Krankheiten wird eine der wichtigsten Herausforderungen für
    Forscher.

Zumindest aus Sicht des Patienten ist es unangenehm,
    Bemerkungen hören, wie diese von jemandem, der zuständig für die
    replizieren diese Ergebnisse. Gewiß, die CDC zentral erfasst werden sollten
    erwartet, dass eine professionelle Arbeit in ihrer Replikation zu tun
    Bemühungen aber angesichts Patienten Misstrauen der Gruppe ist es gut,
    zu wissen, dass auch andere Labors wird versucht,
    replizieren diese Ergebnisse.

Verpasste Chance – Die CDC keine Notwendigkeit, diese verpassen
    Chance. In der Tat war es fast in ihren Händen. Die CDC
    schließlich der Auffassung, die Interferon-Signalweg in der zentralen
    Nervensystem ist das zentrale Element Immunsystems bei chronischen
    Müdigkeit und RNase L – der Faktor, der dazu führen Dr.
    Mikovits zu XMRV – ist ein wichtiger Bestandteil der antiviralen
    Interferon-Weg. (Die CDC kamen zu dem Interferon
    Fazit nach Interferon-alpha Therapien gegen Hepatitis
    Patienten wurde gezeigt, dass eine sehr CFS-ähnlichen Zustand zu schaffen.
    Interferon Forschungsarbeiten sind prominent auf markierten ihre
    Website).

Wenn man der Auffassung, dass RNase L Dysfunktion ist eine wichtige
    Bestandteil des ME / CFS Tests für XMRV ist ein ziemlich einfach weiter
    Schritt. (Ja, man fragt sich, warum Dr. De Meirlier hat nicht direkt
    auf dieser früher). Vielleicht, weil die CDC vor langer Zeit
    verworfen, wie wichtig eine virale Komponente in diesem
    Unordnung, die sie nie gekauft haben, in die RNase L Paradigma.
    (Sie haben noch nie hat sie in einer ihrer Studien. Nor
    für diese Angelegenheit haben sie enthalten die anderen wichtigen
    Immun-Faktor – natürliche Killer-Zellen eine Störung darstellt – in ihrer
    Studien. Obwohl die Erfassung kann auf der rechten Seite konzentriert haben
    Immun-Weg, wenn der WPI recht konzentrierten sie sich auf die
    falsch ein Teil davon.

„Das wird eine Lawine von weiteren erstellen
    Studien. „Dr. Schnaffer (Vanderbilt)
    Game-Changer Nur die Zeit wird zeigen, wie bedeutend diese
    Feststellung wird am Ende sein, aber es ist bereits eindeutig
    Neuausrichtung der ME / CFS Forschung Spielfeld. Dr. Reeves
    erklärt, dass die CDC bereits versucht, die replizieren
    Ergebnisse der Studie. Das National Cancer Institute schnell
    Workshop einberufen, das Vorhandensein dieser Studie in einem solchen
    prominente Medical Journal, und die unglaubliche Nachricht
    Abdeckung, dass diese Ergebnisse hoffentlich begleitet haben
    legen nahe, dass etwas Grundlegendes geändert hat. Der
    breites Interesse in dieser Studie werden sicherlich übersetzen
    in stark erhöht Mittel für die Erforschung und XMRV
    hoffentlich in mehr immun gegen die Forschung in chronic fatigue
    Syndrom als gut.

What to Expect Weiter

Replikation – erwarten ein Doppel-blind Studie bei einer
    unabhängiges Labor (oder Labors), die Versuche
    Nachbildung der WPI Feststellungen. Dr. Reeves hat darauf hingewiesen,
    dieser Studie wird bereits bei der CDC.
    Von Dr. Cheneys Bemerkungen geht hervor, dass eine Studie
    Bestimmung der Infektionsrate bei Familienangehörigen und
    enge Kontakte des ME / CFS-Patienten ist im Gange.
    Ein Tier-Modell können die Forscher nutzen, um mehr vollständig
    verstehen, die Viren Effekte.
    Irgendeine Art von Aussage zu einem bestimmten Zeitpunkt in Bezug auf die
    Sicherheit von Blut des Landes zu versorgen.
    Viel mehr Informationen aus dem Whittemore Peterson
    Institut sobald sie verfügbar sind (siehe unten).
    Ein Hinweis von Andrea Whittemore-Goad

„Was wir fordern ist, dass Sie diese erste Feststellung zu verstehen
    ist ein Katalysator, haben sich die Dinge bewegen sich sehr schnell bewegt
    aber wir brauchen noch Geduld. Bitte, wenn Sie daran interessiert sind
    an der Teilnahme in der Forschung Sie Ihre Informationen
    info@wpinstitute.org und bitte zu einem Freund auf
    Friendsof Whittemore Peterson Institute Facebook Seite hinzu. Wir
    tun unser Bestes, um sich ab sofort einen Link zu erhalten. Bitte halten Sie
    Suche nach Updates auf der Webseite und wir hoffen, wir können helfen
    Sie und viele andere sehr bald. Andrea Whittemore-Goad

Hier oben die Übersetzung

Ansicht von 8 Beiträgen - 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.